Friday, July 7, 2017

Mirror Mirror on the Wall ...

About two years ago or so I was visiting a friend of mine who showed me a picture of a mirror in a hotel with a date, time and weather display. So we thought "what a great idea" - almost a must have (or not).
Image result for magic mirror
Something like that
Fast forwarding to present times - there is a hole community of magic mirror enthusiasts as I found out via Pintrest. Mostly done with a raspberry pi and a two way mirror, lots and lots of DIY videos and a dedicated magic mirror builders page.

Which brings me to another gizmo - the raspberry pi. Developed in the UK, the raspberry pi has been around since 2012 and is a single board computer. It developed to the current form for many uses. However, I never saw a real need for it up to now.

I decided that I wanted to see for myself what it looks like. 
Something like that
Once I'm done with the back frame to hold the display, the mirror will be a great addition to the living room.



No comments:

Post a Comment