Friday, October 4, 2019

Where did the time go?

Indeed, where did it go? It was just May when I wrote about the rolling thunder event, now it is October ...
As I get older it seems that the time is going by faster, perhaps it is the fact that you already have a plan (or something close to that) on what needs to be done during the day, week, or even months. In the younger years there were always deviations from the daily routine, now, not so much - the rat race.
As Harry Chapin expressed in his 1974 folk rock song  "Cat's in the Cradle" - "There are planes to catch, bills to pay" - .. "if I could find the time, You see, my new job's a hassle, and the kids have the flu". A relationship between father and son - missed opportunities to spend time with each other ...


I venture to say that you should stop and smell the roses once in a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment